You are Eric Bane. I am Eric Bane. Like Spartacus before him, Eric Bane is an enigma to those he opposes, whom we all can claim to be. I could be talking out of my arse right now but that’s what I do best. From what I can tell Eric Bane is the lead character in Kalypso’s upcoming stealthy-action game, and he is a vampire.
This interests me a lot because games don’t look at vampires nearly enough. Vampires are interesting creatures, they can still be in touch with their humanity even though they are super-human. With a number of ways a vampire story can be taken it’s a shame the last truly great one was Vampire: The Masquerade and since then the only thing to cover vampires in any fashion being Elder Scrolls, which usually has them as a side role alongside Werewolves.
First things first, here’s the trailer for all things Eric and Baney:
I heard a Wilhelm scream in there, I’m sure of it! No, but really, games like this are always interesting because it’s just something new. A third person stealth-action can always interest me because I even liked the criminally underrated Alpha Protocol, and throwing vampires into the mix adds even more intrigue. Combine that with the obvious Evil Megacorp inc©® and the fight to end a vampire conspiracy and it all gets interesting.
Here’s the pressy stuff for you anyway
DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk your enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. As you unravel the mystery behind the omnipresent and powerful global conglomerate, Geoforge, you must continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or silence those unfortunate enough to take too keen an interest in you.
Features of DARK:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies — turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore — but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Dark is set for release sometime within the next few months on the PC and Xbox 360