Last week I attended Game On Austin, a gaming convention focused on independent games made in you guessed it, Austin, TX. There were plenty of people playing games in alpha and beta stages, as well as recently-released independent games available for play. Free pizza, retro gaming provided by Game Over Videogames, a tournament featuring multiplayer God of Blades, and the event being held in a location with a bar (wristband required), meant fun times for all ages!
Here are the games shown and available to play, that I noticed and played, anyway:
- Alchemist Battle 1934 (soon for PC)
- Banner Saga (soon for PC)
|It’s a banner – for Banner Saga!|
- Up Up Ubi (now for iOS and Android) and Super Ubi Land (soon for iOS and Android)
- God of Blades (now on iPhone and iPad, soon for PC in 2013 with awesome multiplayer)
|God of Blades multiplayer tournament|
- Dishonored (No, not an independent game, but still available for play! Arkane, a local studio, was independent until recent developments - bad pun, I know)
- Waking Mars (now for iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch, soon for PC)
|A serene shot of Waking Mars|
Next up, SXSW Gaming Expo in March 2013!